Accounting, Auditing, Bookkeeping, Human Resources, Insurance
4 Year Degree
PURPOSE: Coordinates day-to-day operation of key benefit plans. Provides accurate, comprehensive information and/or counseling to all employee, retirees, beneficiaries, insurance representatives and other contacts regarding benefits, unemployment, policies, FMLA, COBRA continuation, Displaced Workers, etc. Revises benefits and leave-related HR policies.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Coordinates daily operation of the basic and supplemental retirement plans. Serves as representative to provide information on both the basic and supplemental retirement plans, signs applications for loans, withdrawals and roll overs and assist with benefits/retirement forms. Assists in analyzing current benefit plans and recommends plan changes. Reviews and provides input for benefit plan contracts. Provides information to employees for enrolling in or making changes to the supplemental retirement plan.
• Coordinates daily operation of long-term disability, life insurance, and travel accident insurance plans. Consults with employees, retirees, spouses, and beneficiaries with eligibility for insurance coverage. Assists in analyzing current benefit plans and recommends plan changes. Reviews and provides input for benefit plan contracts. Assists families following death of an employee, dependent, or retiree and coordinates contact with the insurance carriers. Completes forms and prepares necessary paperwork.
• Responsible for various federal and contract compliance and reporting requirements to include:
- Coordinating Affordable Care Act (ACA) compliance, implementation of plan changes, reporting, and payment of fees. - Coordinating annual 125 and retirement non-discrimination testing. - Coordinating the annual post-retirement benefits projections . - Coordinating and working with the auditors to conduct the annual retirement plans audit. - Coordinating completion of Welfare Benefit Plan and Retirement Plans 5500 reporting. - Preparing Summary Annual Reports. - Completing 8955 reporting. - Completing fee disclosure reporting. - Collecting data and preparing benefit survey responses.
• Responsible for updating and maintaining ORAU benefit and leave policies, benefits summaries, Summary Plan Descriptions and other benefit related documents for various benefit plans. Keeps current on changing laws in order to provide compliance with the legal requirements of each document. Assists in preparation and development of communications regarding company-wide benefit plan changes.
• Serves as primary benefits contact to consult with employees and make preparations for retirements, leaves of absence, disability absences, reduced workweeks, or reductions in force. Serves as primary benefits contact for leave administration.
• Serves as a back-up and assists with coordinating health insurance and Section 125 administration as needed.
JOB REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field with a minimum of 3 years of job related experience. An equivalent combination of education and experience performing duties as described may be substituted for the minimum requirements. Must have professional experience in benefit plan administration and compliance. Must have day to day working knowledge of benefits, plans, and benefit regulations to include the following:
• Disability plan operation • Life insurance plan administration • Retirement plan administration • Health insurance plan administration • Section 125 Plans administration • ERISA, HIPAA, COBRA, ACA, and Section 125. • Protected personal health information (PHI) and PII handling and care • Benefit plan employee communication • Interacting with internal and external customers
Requires capability and flexibility to successfully manage multiple projects simultaneously. Must be able to effectively manage a demanding workload. Must be able to review, interpret, and apply HR and other organizational policies to promote sound decision-making and ensure adherence to ORAU’s standard operating procedures. Ability to research and analyze general data information and distill into focused and useful form required. Must have the ability to make recommendations to effectively resolve problems or issues by using judgment that is consistent with standards, practices, policies, procedures, and regulations. Must be able to work with a large degree of independence. Must be able to organize and prioritize work. Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as strong interpersonal skills. Must have strong Microsoft Office skills, to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook; Oracle skills preferred. Certified Benefits Professional (CBP) preferred.