Wespath Benefits and Investments, a Chicago’s 2017 Best and Brightest Companies to Work For® award recipient, is now hiring a Sr. Health and Welfare Benefits Analyst to join our Center for Health. Reporting to the Health Plans Manager the analyst will use their strong analytical skills and benefits knowledge to assist the plan management team with plan and program design, metrics/financials, communications, policies and procedures, and vendor management related to our HealthFlex health, vision, dental and prescription plan offerings. In addition, approximately 10% of the analyst’s time will be in support of our well-being programs.
The Sr. Health and Welfare Benefits Analyst will make an impact by:
- Leading plan and program metrics to ensure ongoing achievement of expected outcomes and alignment with vision of health plan and wellness programs. Metrics include plan and program financials, including trends in claim experience, loss ratios, overall reserve levels, benefits utilization, program participation, and return on investment.
- Developing annual HealthFlex plan budget in conjunction with department management and monitoring actual results to plan on monthly basis.
- Partnering with program managers in managing overall vendor performance, to include potential lead performance management role of certain vendors and oversight of vendor files, review and analysis of weekly and monthly reports, and tracking/resolution of plan sponsor, participant and vendor issues.
- Leading or participating in communications/training, presentations, consultations, etc.; regarding strategy, plan and program enhancements and modifications; to internal/external stakeholders.
- Engaging in analysis, evaluation, design, development and implementation of plan/program/service modifications and enhancements, including senior leadership approval and presentation to plan sponsors.
- Ensuring viability and competitiveness of plans and programs by researching employee benefits marketplace; benchmarking plan performance, discerning and anticipating the benefits needs of participants and plan sponsors.
- Participating in the marketing of plan and programs to prospective plan sponsors; including leading the coordination of HealthFlex proposals/RFP responses, and assisting new plan sponsors with the adoption and implementation of those plans/programs.
- Collaborating with plan actuarial consultants in the annual rate setting process.
- Managing validation and reconciliation initiatives, including integration of data lists, assessment of data for eligibility, distribution, participation lists, ad hoc data reconciliations, etc.
- Developing and maintaining plan related processes and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field; or equivalent work experience.
- 7+ years of work experience in group health benefit plan design/administration experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of health plan benefit design, plan service/ administration procedures, health plan underwriting/actuarial principles/funding, and HealthCare Reform/ACA and other related regulatory impacts.
- MPH, MBA, MHA or Master Degree in appropriately related field.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of wellness programs/initiatives and impact on plan design and financials.
- Motivated, focused, and self-managing—able to work on significant, short-term and long-term initiatives with minimal day-to-day management and oversight.
Additional Salary Information: Offering market competitive salary plus a strong benefits package.
Wespath Benefits and Investments, recognized as one of "Chicago's Best and Brightest Companies to Work For" in 2017 , is a not-for-profit administrative agency of The United Methodist Church. Wespath is responsible for the general supervision and administration of retirement, health and welfare benefit plans and programs, and investment fund management for more than 100,000 active and retired cler...gy and lay employees in the U.S. and around the world.Our operations include retirement services, the Center for Health, investment management, environmental, social and governance (ESG) issues, positive social purpose (PSP) lending, U.S. pension plans and global pension programs, health and welfare benefit plans. In service since 1908, Wespath has approximately $20 billion in assets under management. It ranks among the top 100 pension plans in the country and is the largest reporting denominational investor in the world. As the nation's largest faith-based pension fund, Wespath works globally with corporations to address environmental, social and governance (ESG) issues, with a focus on responsible and sustainable investing. Culture A unique, values-driven benefits and investments organization, this Chicago-area employer is known as “a great place to work.” The Glenview, IL headquarters building was awarded a Leadership in Energy and Environment Design (LEED) Gold certification by the U.S. Green Building Council for efficiencies in the building’s design, construction, operation and maintenance. Wespath strives to lessen its environmental impact, reinforcing the organization’s core value of stewardship. The agency has received Best Employees for Healthy Lifestyles and Eye on Health awards, has its own walking path and provides incentive programs that focus on the well-being of its employees.