The compensation analyst will provide compensation analysis and consulting services to University managers and leaders, HR colleagues and collaborative partners. Provide expertise in the development, improvement and implementation of compensation programs including market reviews, salary surveys, incentive compensation, job analysis and evaluation, annual merit program etc. Manage and participate in strategic initiatives such as conducting a comprehensive total rewards study.
• Research and analyze market trends and competitiveness of WSU's total compensation offerings and salary structures.
• Recommend new and improved ways to increase the effectiveness and competitiveness of our compensation strategy, processes and structures.
• Consult with university managers and leaders, employees, HR, and other collaborate partners on market reviews, annual merit program, salary recommendations and other compensation related projects and initiatives.
• Benchmark compensation programs using salary surveys and research.
• Study and analyze all job levels within the organization, prepare job descriptions, determine salary grade placement etc.
• Provide analytical support for ad hoc research and compensation projects.
• Respond to employee questions regarding the compensation program.
• Bachelor's degree in Business, Human Resources, Finance Data, Economics or related fields. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted.
• At least three years of compensation experience
• Experience in job evaluation and analysis, salary surveys and salary administration
• WorldatWork Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) designation
• HR Certification: PHR/SPHR, SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP
• Experience in a client facing, consulting or HR business partner role
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED
Intellectual curiosity. Professional communication skills and the ability to build strong partnerships with all levels of employees. Strong problem solving skills and analytical ability. Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment where change and transformation is expected. Advanced excel proficiency. Demonstrated ability to deliver high quality results within tight timelines. Knowledge of sound compensation principles and practices, state and federal employment laws and regulations. Knowledge and ability to use advanced Microsoft Excel formulas and functions
To Apply: All applicants must apply online at jobs.wayne.edu posting number 043079