Reporting to the Manager, Total Rewards, the Compensation Specialist is responsible for performing analysis, research and providing input for policy development, program design and maintenance for the Region’s Total Compensation strategies, including salary plans, job evaluation, market competitiveness, pay equity and recognition and rewards.
• Performs analysis and maintains the salary structures for non-union and union groups.
• Conducts internal job evaluations of new and changed jobs, assuring internal and external equity, and consideration of pay equity plans and legislation
• Consults on total rewards, job design and compensation matters including exceptional circumstances.
• Monitors compensation plans and salary competitiveness within the market, managing salary surveys, coordinating participation, analyzing data and providing recommendations to support salary planning activities.
• Builds and maintains shared service consulting relationships.
• Post-secondary diploma in Business Administration/HR or related field.
• Post-secondary degree in Human Resources, Business or related field is preferred.
• 3 years’ experience in job design, salary administration, compensation analysis, job evaluation and pay equity, benefits, pensions and total rewards.
• Demonstrated consultation, analytical, data compilation and presentation skills
• 5 years’ experience with Human Resources principles, compensation, job design and evaluation, benefits, pension, total rewards in a multi-union environment is preferred.
• Experience in working with benefit providers and insurance carriers, including reporting, renewals and budgeting is preferred.
To view the full job description and requirements, visit our Careers page. Job Opening# 19311
Uncover the wonder of the Niagara Region and join a team dedicated to meeting tomorrow’s challenges…..today!
Let us know why you would be an excellent team member by submitting your online application no later than November 16, 2017 before midnight by visiting our ‘Careers’ page at www.niagararegion.ca. We thank all candidates for their interest however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Great Careers & Healthy Lifestyles
Located between lakes Erie and Ontario, the Niagara region consists of some of Canada’s most fertile agricultural land, the majestic Niagara Falls and a dozen communities that are rich in both history and recreational opportunities.
With over 3,000 employees, Niagara Region is responsible for such diverse areas as land use planning, transportation, water and wastewater treatment, waste collection and management, emergency medical services, public health, children’s services, and seniors’ programs to name a few. Niagara Region offers great career opportunities in municipal service and our competitive salaries, attractive benefits, and wealth of programs will support your personal wellness and professional growth.
We value Choice, Honesty, Respect, Partnerships, and Service. If you share the same passion, we want to hear from you. www.niagarararegion.ca