If it impacts technology, IEEE has it covered. We publish technical journals, organize conferences and develop technology standards that help technological professionals exchange ideas, expand their knowledge, and move forward in their fields. With more than 400,000 members, IEEE is the world’s largest professional association advancing technology for the benefit of humanity. We are a catalyst for exciting breakthroughs in computing, sustainable energy systems, aerospace, communications, robotics, healthcare, and many other disciplines that improve the quality of life. Discover your future as part of the IEEE team. Consider the following opportunity:
Compensation Analyst, Human Resources
Apply now at https://ieee.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?job=COM0000011A
The successful candidate will ensure the IEEE Human Resources department provides analytical, technical, and operational support for compensation program activities and projects. This role is primarily responsible for evaluating, benchmarking and pricing jobs, compensation data analysis, maintenance, documentations, and reporting and administration of compensation program activities.
Job Evaluation, Pricing, and Analysis
- Format, proofread, and edit job descriptions.
- Evaluate jobs using available market data to assign the band and pay range of the position.
- Load job templates, return contribution, and approve requisitions for open positions in Taleo.
- Independently conduct job evaluations for small-scale department reorganizations; assist with large-scale job evaluations and other functional group reviews.
- Participate in full-length compensation and salary budget surveys; load, update, and maintain data in survey management system.
- Identify comparable positions for use in internal equity analyses for pay reviews and salary offers; review and approve standard salary offers for open US and non-US positions.
- Evaluate annual summer intern rates for currency and market competitiveness.
Reporting, Systems, and Analytics
- Create, periodically update, and run various compensation data and tracking reports, e.g. promotion report, compensation change report, company jobs report, etc.
- Create and update job codes, maintain job and pay data, import files, and run reports in HRIS and survey management systems.
- Provide statistics and various trend analyses for HR Dashboard, Board reports, and other OU requests.
- Prepare and distribute annual salary planning worksheets; audit submissions for accuracy and compliance to guidelines; and ensure salary data is updated in HR system by effective date and properly flows to payroll.
- Compile compensation data and assist Manager with the preparation of board reports.
- Gather requirements and validate data files for HRIS and survey systems for integrations, configuration changes, and upgrades; participate in or lead user acceptance testing for new or revised modules in various HR systems.
- Monitor email traffic in the compensation shared mailbox and file correspondences.
- Review requests for promotions, job changes, and compensation changes in HRIS system, monitor approval workflow, and ensure processing of transactions in time for payroll deadline.
- Record promotion announcements in Inside IEEE and HR deliverable reports.
- Issue and distribute NY pay notices electronically in DocuSign; collect, file, and scan signed notices.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or other relevant field.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in compensation.
- Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) certification (or willingness to earn).
- Demonstrated skill in compiling, organizing, and analyzing data.
- Ability to perform research, gather data, make conclusions, and utilize results to: create meaningful analytical tools and reports; create efficient plans and processes; document and communicate information; and enhance the IEEE and the HR Department through continuous process improvement.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a highly confidential environment.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to educate managers on compensation policies and clearly explain compensation recommendations and decisions.
- Ability to write informational training / process documentation and edit job descriptions in a clear, concise manner that is easily understood by highly educated individuals for whom English is a second language.
- Ability to create content for the HR Web page.
- Professionalism, functional competency, customer satisfaction orientation, and ability to quickly establish rapport.
- Technologically savvy knowledge worker who seeks out technology solutions to business challenges.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications (especially Excel), as well as Gmail, Google Drive, Google Calendar, and other applications in the Google environment.
- Proficiency in HRIS system, online comp planning, onboarding tools, survey management systems (preferably Oracle Fusion, Taleo, Kenexa CompAnalyst), and reporting tools; ability to navigate systems; maintain, import, and export data; and run reports.
- Ability to stay current on relevant updates, trends and regulatory changes, as well as changes to the IEEE operational, financial and strategic plans to determine necessary actions.
- Ability to function in a self-motivated manner while handling multiple tasks simultaneously.
Join us in an environment where people look forward to coming to work! IEEE offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental, 401(k) plan with company match, a defined contribution retirement plan, a tuition reimbursement program, flexible spending accounts, company paid life insurance, and a business casual dress code.
Please apply online by going to this URL: https://ieee.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?job=COM0000011A
Only those resumes that go through the URL from the web address will be considered. NO THIRD PARTIES PLEASE.
For information on work demands and conditions required for this position, please consult the reference document, “Physical, Mental, and Work Environment Standards for IEEE Positions.” This position is classified under Category I – Office positions.
IEEE is an EEO/AAP Employer/Protected Veteran/Disabled
Disclaimer: This job description outlines the general nature and key features performed by various positions that share the same job classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties and qualifications required of all employees assigned to the job. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or re-assign duties to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodations or other business reasons.
Visit www.ieee.org to view details about open positions in one of our four offices:
Los Alamitos, CA; New York City; Piscataway, NJ; & Washington, DC.
The IEEE is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.