Reporting into the Director of HR Operations, the Compensation Analyst will be responsible for the design, administration, and communication of compensation programs. These include, but are not limited to; the annual merit process, job evaluations, external salary surveys and compensation recommendations. They will need to perform job analysis for new or existing positions in order to determine the proper slotting taking into consideration market data, internal equity and grade structure. In addition, they will assists in the analysis, development, recommendation and administration of commission, bonus programs, merit process, and grade structure development. Also provide support and advice to employees, supervisors and managers, as well as create reports as needed.
- Contribute to the design, creation and maintenance of the compensation infrastructure
- Acts as key participant in the development and implementation of the annual salary administration program (merit)
- Maintains and administers company base-salary and variable compensation programs.
- Conducts job evaluations with hiring managers and completes compensation benchmarking and competitive analysis to establish salary ranges for positions.
- Researches jobs and provides analysis on newly created positions, and the development and documentation for all job descriptions, ensuring compliance and consistency
- Conducts the annual review of pay structures, including but not limited to market analysis, benchmark job calibration and recommends revisions as appropriate
- Participates in compensation surveys and reviews salary survey reports.
- Assist in developing communication materials and presentations to employees and managers, including the preparation of information for Compensation Committee
- Evaluates reviews and edits job descriptions and provides market analysis.
- Assist in providing required data during internal and external audits.
- Ensures compliance with all appropriate federal, state and local laws and regulations, both domestically and internationally
- Counsels, advises, educates and trains employees and managers on all compensation policies, programs and processes
- Ensures consistency in compensation philosophy
- Acts as subject matter expert and participates in the development and implementation of compensation system enhancements
- Assists and supports other HR activities including, but not limited to benefit programs and HRIS initiatives
- Independently provide and maintain the highest level of client service to internal clients and external service providers, using judgment and discretion to respond to inquiries.
- Deliver consistently, high-quality execution of complex programs/projects. Share alternative solutions to identify a better end result to specific issues or problems facing the team and quickly assess situation for best course of action.
- Maintain strict confidentiality of the company’s internal and personnel matters.