If you have a passion for taking ownership of projects, building relationships with coworkers and external clients and providing award-winning service, then The Main Street America Group is the place for you.
Since 1923, our mission has been to take care of our customer – the independent agent – better than anyone else. Customer service is at the heart of everything we do.With offices in eight locations, we offer a wide range of commercial and personal insurance, as well as surety bond products, in 37 states.
Our products and services are backed by financial stability. Our more than $1 billion in written premium is offered exclusively by 2,500-plus independent insurance agents. Administers, interprets and controls the compilation of statistical, financial, and competitor information to assist management in the pricing of existing and new property/casualty products.
This position performs research and analysis of compensation and benefit programs to meet identified objectives and needs of the organization. Assists in the design of compensation and benefit programs. Researches policy and practice issues within the company and externally to ensure compliance with related laws and regulations, and maintain competitiveness with external market practices. Administers the annual compensation process and consults with all levels of management to gain approvals. Provides analytical and consultative services regarding compensation matters within the organization. Advises management on compensation actions for employees and reviews proposed salary actions. Participates in annual salary surveys to ensure internal salaries remain competitive in the marketplace.
- Manage and design employee compensation programs (base salary, job summaries, competencies, special pay programs, short-term incentive). Analyze data to ensure compliance with regulations (FLSA, DOL) and ensure equity. Proactively review impending legislation and determine impact to MSA.
- Develop ad-hoc compensation and recognition programs to achieve short-term business objectives.
- Manage and update BDE compensation program, ensure total cash compensation targets are competitive.
- Update Actuary Student program in line with SOA exam structure and requirements.
- Manage common review process (performance ratings, salary increases, STI awards).
- Market price (or slot) all MSA jobs to ensure managers have competitive market data to determine salaries for employees. This includes survey participation and analysis of results.
- Manage and enhance recognition programs (Circle of Excellence, Spot, My Recognition (social media), You Make the Difference). Promote recognition programs with employees and managers; proactively meet with mangers on utilization and education.
- Manage executive and board compensation consultant to the Board. Ensure consultant understand programs and direction. Direct alternate year review of executive and board compensation programs for board approval. Manage expenses.
- Administer Executive compensation and benefit programs.
- Administer Officer and Key LTI nomination process.
- Administer Board compensation programs
- Develop February, September, and December committee and board books.