Any combination of education, experience, and training equivalent to graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with a bachelor's degree in personnel administration, public administration or a related field, plus four years of professional-level human resources experience.
- Five years of specialized compensation experience;
- Experience working with classification within a merit based system;
- Extensive experience conducting salary surveys, analyzing results and making sound recommendations based on collected research data;
- Experience working with senior level management and making compensation presentations/recommendations;
- Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) Designation.
NECESSARY SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
This position requires the appointee to submit to a criminal background check to the satisfaction of the employer as a condition of employment, and periodically thereafter.
This position is generally sedentary in nature; however the essential job duties include walking, standing, sitting, climbing stairs, reaching and bending; uses hands to grasp, handle, or feel; visual acuity is required to read data on a computer monitor; ability to operate keyboard driven equipment and computer; and, may require one to lift up to 15 pounds with or without reasonable accommodations.
It is the policy of Fairfax County Government to prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, sex, color, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, genetics, or disability in the recruitment, selection, and hiring of its workforce.
Reasonable accommodations are available to persons with disabilities during application and/or interview processes per the Americans with Disabilities Act. Contact 703-324-4900 for assistance. TTY 711. EEO/AA/TTY.