- Proactively handle day-to day compensation issues which includes collaborating with HR Business Partner and/or business unit leaders on compensation related issues, job descriptions and analysis of external and internal data to assess market conditions for support in creating competitive job offers.
- Participate in annual compensation surveys and utilizes survey results and other related resources to develop viable compensation related recommendations. Keeps abreast of federal, state and local compensation laws and regulations and assist with ensuring organizational-wide compliance.
- Collaborate within compensation, with business partners and with HRIS to refine compensation processes to ensure accuracy and reduce the administrative burden. Interfaces with HRIS to maintain/improve job related data such as job codes, FLSA status, incentive targets and other job related data for compliance with all state and federal compensation laws and regulations. Identify, document and improve/enhance core compensation tools, guidelines and processes. Participate in developing and implementing compensation program communication materials, employee statements, policies, etc.
- Administer and executes annual merit and incentive process in partnership with HRIS, the Business Partners and the business leaders.
- As assigned, participate in the development or review of sales compensation plans and/or supporting executive and board compensation reporting and related analysis.
- Bachelor’s degree or related experience in Human Resources or Finance related area.
- Five+ years of related work experience in human resources or finance. Demonstrated experience in working with sensitive information and maintaining confidential information.
- Excellent communication skills and strong interpersonal skills with the demonstrated ability to work effectively with employees at all levels of the organization. Strong customer service and collaborative orientation.
- Demonstrated analytical skills, attention to detail with demonstrated accuracy and thoroughness in final work products such as compensation analysis, employee data, budget reconciliation, etc.
- Experience in working with an HRIS or financial system. Demonstrated competence in maintaining and creating tables and reports in a relational database. Need to possess a high level of competence in spreadsheet, database and word processing applications. In particular experience Microsoft Office suite of products required. Proven ability to learn new software applications and train others in their use.
- Proven ability to multi-task, manage multiple projects and meet conflicting deadlines critical for success. Must be able to troubleshoot and identify potential solutions and quality improvements.
- Ability to work extended hours in order to meet commitments and deadlines and open to travel if needed.
The AMA offers competitive salaries, including an incentive plan; excellent benefits and progressive technology. Our office is a business casual environment and we respect work-life balance. https://ama-assn.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?id=411&source=WAW. The American Medical Association is located at 330 N. Wabash Avenue, Chicago, IL 60611 and is convenient to all public transportation in Chicago.
We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity in our workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. As an EOE/AA employer, the American Medical Association will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and veteran or disability status.
THE AMA IS COMMITTED TO IMPROVING THE HEALTH OF THE NATION