The right data can give organizations a competitive edge, clarify opportunities and illuminate pathways. With accurate, high-quality, globally consistent compensation, HR policies and benefits design practices data, consulting expertise and intuitive technology, it takes the complexity out of pay and benefits planning so organizations can attract, retain and engage key talent to grow their business.
As a Global Data Services associate you will work with clients and data experts around the world while you develop deep technical knowledge and skills in the review and use of compensation data. You will partner with consultants and clients to collect, analyse and publish survey data critical to attract, reward and retain key talent. You will work directly with HR/compensation professionals of leading local and multinational organizations to produce reliable, decision-quality data used to develop compensation and reward strategies that facilitate achievement of business and human capital strategies.
This position is responsible for managing multiple executive compensation survey projects, from end-to-end including coordinating with executive compensation consultants and business developers on recruiting, managing assigned client accounts, collecting and reviewing the submitted data to analyzing and generating client reports. The ideal candidate will have the ability to manage multiple projects/tasks concurrently, a detail orientation, data analysis experience, computer literacy, a client service orientation and outstanding written communication skills. A Bachelor’s Degree in human resources, industrial relations or business is preferred. Some light travel may be required.
In addition to managing the operational workflow of your assigned compensation surveys, your other responsibilities will be as follows:
- Build relationships internally and collaborate effectively on cross-functional teams
- Oversee temporary/junior-level staff assigned to Product Leader’s product line.
- Demonstrate natural ease and effectiveness when dealing with clients/colleagues at all levels.
- Participate in client marketing webcasts and conduct position matching sessions (in person or via webcast) to educate clients/prospects on survey methodology and design.
- Ensure client commitments and project objectives are met by adhering to timelines, providing weekly status updates/reports, tracking participation status, distributing notifications emails and responding to client inquiries.
- Research and recommend new products, enhancements to survey design, and process improvements to ensure survey products address client needs.
- Develop and maintain client relationships through both proactive and reactive contact.
- Interact with clients via phone and email on a daily basis to assist with data analytics and other services.
- Assist with promoting higher participation/retention/sales rates.
- Conduct custom analyses (i.e., special peer groups, custom formatting, market assessments) upon request of internal and external clients.
- Contribute to the overall financial goals of Data Services by managing costs and projects within budget
- Develop technical knowledge and skills in the area of compensation surveys
- Deliver on projects to meet or exceed client expectations
- Ensure adherence to established quality standards for data analysis and publication