Location: Stamford, CT OR New York, NY
Reporting to the Global Compensation Partner for Reinsurance, Finance & Investments, the candidate will partner to provide global compensation support to these businesses. This includes, but is not limited to, client relations, compensation design, variable compensation, year-end support, salary offers, surveys and ad hoc compensation analysis.
What will your essential responsibilities include?
- Advises HRBPs and the greater HR team on compensation matters including but not limited to policies, procedures, the company`s compensation philosophy, market pricing/position, internal equity, job evaluation, broadband structure, and other aspects of compensation to ensure XL Catlin is able to effectively recruit and retain top talent.
- Advise on compensation package design for new hires and promotions, including bonus and long-term incentive plan components.
- Provides analytical support in the development of merit budgets through survey data collection and analysis.
- Evaluate and analyze salary data – both internal and external market data.
- Recommend compensation positioning within internal structure.
- Participate in approved salary surveys through the collection and reporting of data to third-party survey providers. Reviews salary survey results and provides recommendations on additions/deletions of benchmark jobs in use.
- Partner with the International Assignment team (based in London) when necessary on aspects of compensation for internationally mobile employees while ensuring accurate benchmarks are used.
- Proactively suggest improvements and enhancements to current compensation programs, policies and processes for both immediate needs and long-term objectives.
- Play an integral part in the support and design of the compensation modules within the HRIS system (Oracle Fusion), including partnering with our external consultant and internal technology team to design and test enhancements to the current system and processes.
- Resolve day-to-day tactical compensation issues.
- Conduct extensive ad-hoc analysis as needed.
Year End process:
- Support the overall planning and execution of the annual global compensation cycle.
- Work with the HR Business Partners to ensure full support and information is in place for the business lines.
- Audit and clarify data and reporting structures in time for year end.Provide senior management with extensive modeling to allocate pools in line with business results.
- Under general guidance, act as the subject matter expert (SME) on compensation matters.
You will report to Global Compensation Partner for Insurance.
We’re looking for someone who has these abilities and skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in business or a related field is required. The ideal candidate will have at least 3 to 5 years of relevant HR/Compensation experience.
- Working knowledge of global compensation issues and trends preferred.
- Previous Financial Services experience and ideally some knowledge of the insurance sector is preferred.
- Extensive modeling experience and advanced working knowledge of MS Excel.
- Experience with Oracle Fusion HCM or similar cloud-based HCM product knowledge preferred.
- Able to communicate effectively and interact through strong interpersonal skills across all levels of the organization, including Senior HR and Business Leaders.
- Under general guidance, the ability to work and lead initiatives as required, demonstrating effective project management skill.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Experience working within a globally matrixed organization.