Finning is world’s largest Caterpillar dealer, delivering unrivalled service to customers in mining, construction, petroleum, power systems and forestry for over 80 years. We’re proud of our legacy of providing the products and services that fuel our customers’ businesses and drive our economies.
Through our values of being trusted, collaborative, innovative and passionate, we nimbly partner with the business to creatively attract, develop, reward and engage our people. Our people are the heart and soul of Finning and are fundamental to our success.
This is where you come in. Reporting to the Compensation Manager, as a Total Rewards Analyst, you will work in a variety of areas in the total rewards team and will help support, maintain, and communicate a total rewards system that is internally equitable, externally competitive, and in line with our compensation philosophy.
You will help to build the bridge between our compensation and total rewards strategies and the translation of these strategies into functional programs, policies and guidelines.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Salary surveys and market research
- Monitor external competitive practices and benchmarks, through formal salary survey participation and through networking with peers at other companies
- Partner with the HR Services team and the business and use your knowledge of job functions and disciplines to submit accurate data for all scheduled/adhoc salary surveys
- Work with our salary survey providers annually to examine total rewards for benchmark roles to ensure we are aligned with our compensation philosophy
- Formulate preliminary recommendations regarding market movement and associated adjustments needed to base or incentive compensation
- Examine current market data on perquisites and allowances and provide recommendations on enhancements and/or changes to current practices
Support annual compensation processes and projects
- Support the annual compensation processes of salary adjustments, and short/long term incentives.
- Partner with our internal Workday team and serve as a super-user for assigned functional areas
- Test system changes, ensure data integrity, analyze reports and look for process improvement opportunities
- Support Workday upgrades and testing
- Lead specific Total Rewards projects that are in alignment with our strategic priorities
- Examine existing policies and practices and use expertise of best practices to recommend changes/enhancements and alignment opportunities
Provide subject matter expertise
- Build total rewards knowledge base in the HR services team to ensure that our programs are consistently administered and in compliance with company policies/guidelines and regulatory requirements
- You will be cross trained in other areas in Total Rewards which may include: benefits, pensions, global mobility, executive compensation and payroll
Role evaluation and banding
- Partner with our HR services team and the business in the development of quality job profiles to enable accurate position classification.
- Utilize your expertise in job evaluations to appropriately and consistently assign roles to job bands across all of our Canadian operations.