L.A. Care Health Plan
The evolving health care industry needs the best and the brightest to bring solutions to the challenges of providing better health care at lower costs. L.A. Care Health Plan serves low-income residents in L.A. County, the epicenter of America’s uninsured, and is a national model for how managed care can succeed in achieving better care at lower costs. You will play a significant role in developing reforms in health care that can impact two million members and beyond. We offer a professional working environment, competitive salaries and excellent benefits.
Under limited guidance, the Senior Compensation Analyst will work on compensation analyses, with guidance from the Senior Director and Director of HR Total Rewards and other senior Human Resources staff. In addition, the position is responsible for effective implementation, administration and maintenance of compensation programs and processes as it aligns with the Compensation/Total Rewards strategy. Responsibilities encompass job evaluations, compensation survey participation, base pay and incentive pay as well as program evaluation, creating/updating job descriptions keeping abreast of legislation, trends, advances and/or new technology and making recommendations for changes and improvements. The position will oversee the work and performance of the Compensation Analyst.
• Manages ongoing analysis of positions: Conducts job analyses of hourly and salaried jobs (includes determination of FLSA – exempt/non-exempt status).
• Creates/Updates Job Descriptions.
• Markets price jobs and assesses internal equity to determine appropriate salary grade and provide salary recommendations.
• Reviews proposed salary actions for conformance to L.A. Care's established policy and practices.
• Reviews job descriptions and job family matrixes for completeness and accuracy.
• Analyzes large amounts of data.
• Collaborates with the HR Business Partner Managers/Talent Acquisition team regarding compensation-related consultative decisions [e.g., compensation related business problems, job offers to external candidates, internal transfers, promotions, etc.] and ensures that they have the proper information and tools to be able to make an informed decision.
• Responsible for the preparation of monthly compensation metrics reports and scorecards.
• Assists with miscellaneous pay research and analyses, incentive compensation, executive compensation programs, as needed.
• Responsible for the annual salary planning process, for merit and incentives, by supporting organization-wide communications, administration and implementation of resulting pay actions.
• Responsible for the data integrity of information in the annual salary planning tool.
• Participates in annual/ad-hoc salary and benchmarking surveys.
• Participates in the annual market reference point analyses, vet new geographic differentials, review new job codes/roles and provide job mapping recommendations.
• Collaborates on project initiatives with significant organization-wide impact that are in addition to standard annual program maintenance.
• Identifies, develops and executes process improvements to streamline forms, tools, reporting, etc. as needed. Conducts special compensation analyses and projects.