Director Benefits Compliance & Ops
Johns Hopkins University
Status: Full Time
Salary: $114,172 - $157.061
Johns Hopkins University
This position reports to the Sr. Director of HR Business Services. The incumbent will be responsible for leading the benefits compliance and operations unit and will manage a team of 10 employees. The compliance and operations unit is responsible for vendor relationship management including maintaining close oversight of vendor support and services. This unit is responsible for ensuring compliance with federal and state regulations related to university benefit offerings which include defined contribution and defined benefit retirement plans, deferred compensation plans, life insurance, disability insurance, flexible spending, medical/dental insurance, personal accident insurance, unemployment insurance, tuition benefits and student health plans. Incumbent will also be responsible for financial management of benefit plans, benefit plan administration, compliance communications and audits, project management and government reporting.
The Benefits Service Center is responsible for benefit strategy and enrollment/communications for new hires, annual enrollment for active employees, and providing day-to-day service to faculty, staff and retirees. This unit is managed as a separate department and reports to the Sr. Director of Total Rewards.
To view complete posting and to apply, please visit http://jobs.jhu.edu , create and save your account application first, then enter requisition #313474 in the "Search Jobs" field. For more information call the Central Talent Acquisition Office at 443-997-5100.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Work with the Benefit Service Center on the planning and administration of the university's faculty, staff and retiree benefit plans, which includes planning for future benefits changes and enhancements;
- Review, monitor and report on the status of benefit plans to ensure that they are being administered in accordance with plan design and compliant with applicable federal, state and international agencies;
- Work with the Benefit Service Center on the implementation of new benefits plans and programs
- Oversee benefits projects and compliance-related communications (e.g. Retiree Drug Subsidy Program, Summary Plan Descriptions and Plan Documents, required legal notices, etc.);
- Ensure compliance with applicable federal and state laws, including ERISA, HIPAA ACA, and IRS regulations and government reporting (e.g., Form 5500 filings and plan audits, FSA non-discrimination testing, IRS Data Match, monitoring of retirement plan limits and USERRA contributions, etc.);
- Oversee external vendor relationships and ensure that all plans are compliant with applicable federal and state laws and performance standards;
- Advise/inform Sr. Director of all areas of responsibility on a regular basis;
- Ensure that staff is highly qualified, well trained, discreet and professional
- Other duties as required or requested.
Requires Bachelor's degree (Master's degree preferred) and 10 - 15 years' experience as Benefits/Human Resources Manager, or equivalent; strong benefits operations/compliance and customer service background.
- Experience in managing retirement (qualified and non-qualified), and flexible benefit plans in the following environments: collective bargaining, non-profit, and diverse combination of highly compensated and non-highly compensated employees;
- Current knowledge of marketplace and organizational "best practices";
- Extensive exposure to benefits design, compliance, administration, and/or communications;
- Comprehensive knowledge in functional area of benefits. Thorough knowledge of all types of employee benefit programs including defined benefit and defined contribution retirement plans, medical and dental plans, life and disability insurance;
- Ability to work with other departments promoting teamwork and foresight in establishing and reviewing new and existing benefits policies and procedures;
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills;
- Ability to provide clear information on benefits policies and procedures to faculty, staff, retirees and university administrative units;
- Excellent motivational skills with ability to excel within a dynamic and decentralized environment.
Johns Hopkins University is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other occupationally irrelevant criteria. The university promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.
For full application instructions and position description, visit https://jobs.jhu.edu/jhujobs/jobview.cfm?reqId=313474&postId=14079
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency