Director of Benefits Strategy and Service Center
Johns Hopkins University
Status: Full Time
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Johns Hopkins University
This position reports to the Sr. Director of HR Total Rewards. The incumbent will be responsible for leading benefits strategy for the university as well as the employee benefits service center. The incumbent will manage a team of 10 employees. The major purpose of this position is to develop and implement the university's Total Rewards Benefits program, including all health and welfare plans, well-being offerings, life and disability insurance plans and retirement plans, and to establish and maintain collaborative relationships and processes between HR Benefits Operations, Legal and Finance.
The Office of Benefits Services is responsible for the day-to-day operations and for ensuring compliance with federal and state regulations related to university benefit offerings. This department is managed separately and reports to the Sr. Director of HR Business Services.
To view complete posting and to apply, please visit http://jobs.jhu.edu , create and save your account application first, then enter requisition #314033 in the "Search Jobs" field. For more information call the Central Talent Acquisition Office at 443-997-5100.
Responsibilities include the following:
- In partnership with the Sr. Director of Total Rewards, research and develop strategy for all benefit programs – health and welfare, retirement plans, life insurance, disability, tuition reimbursement, and other programs with the support of brokers and vendors. Prepare qualitative and quantitative analytics in collaboration with Finance to support development of cost-effective benefit programs, including proposals for program changes, utilization, vendor performance, trends and program analysis.
- Ensure programs are market competitive, aligned with university strategies and goals, consistently and effectively administered and in compliance with university policies and government regulations.
- Develop and deliver comprehensive plans to communicate the university's benefits and well-being offerings to a diverse population of employees.
- Work collaboratively with relevant stakeholders to develop a benefits strategy for the university's expatriate and international population. Once strategy is decided, implement in partnership with internal and external parties and oversee ongoing maintenance of international benefits.
- Oversee the operations of the benefits team and benefits service center to ensure the needs of employees are met in terms of enrolling for benefits for both new hires as well as part of annual open enrollment process.
- Lead miscellaneous projects as needed.
- Other duties as required or requested.
Requires Bachelor's degree (Master's degree preferred) and 10 - 15 years' experience as Benefits/Human Resources Manager, or equivalent; strong benefits strategy and well-being experience and customer service background.
- Experience in managing retirement (qualified and non-qualified), and flexible benefit plans in the following environments: collective bargaining, non-profit, and diverse combination of highly compensated and non-highly compensated employees;
- Current knowledge of marketplace and organizational "best practices";
- Extensive exposure to benefits design, compliance, administration, and/or communications;
- Comprehensive knowledge in functional area of benefits. Thorough knowledge of all types of employee benefit programs including defined benefit and defined contribution retirement plans, medical and dental plans, life and disability insurance;
- Ability to work with other departments promoting teamwork and foresight in establishing and reviewing new and existing benefits policies and procedures;
- Excellent analytical, written, verbal and presentation skills;
- Ability to provide clear information on benefits policies and procedures to faculty, staff, retirees and university administrative units;
- Excellent motivational skills with ability to excel within a dynamic and decentralized environment.
Johns Hopkins University is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other occupationally irrelevant criteria. The university promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.
For full application instructions and position description, visit https://jobs.jhu.edu/jhujobs/jobview.cfm?reqId=314033&postId=14641
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency