Every employee at Bright Horizons has an important job. We care passionately about our mission, and together with our employees we’re building an organization that can make a difference for generations to come. We are seeking a Director of Compensation to join our dynamic Human Resources organization and help develop solutions that differentiate and offer competitive advantages for the company as a whole.
As the Director of Compensation you will be responsible for overall design, implementation, communication, and administration of the organization's compensation programs (including corporate, contact center, centers, and schools). The compensation director plans, develops and implements new and revised compensation programs, policies and procedures to be responsive to the company's goals and competitive practices. Responsible for ensuring through audits, legal reports and personal interactions that company compensation programs are consistently administered in compliance with company policies and government regulations.
What we hope you bring to this role:
- Monitor the effectiveness of existing compensation policies, guidelines and procedures recommending plan revision as well as new plans that are cost-effective and consistent with compensation trends and corporate objectives and philosophy; coordinates implementation.
- Manages compensation programs, ensuring the total rewards of base pay and incentive pay are aligned with business objectives and overall organizational goals and strategies.
- Assures internal equity and external competitiveness of the organizations compensation programs through strategic monitoring of business conditions, legal requirements and understanding of industry best practices.
- Performs ad hoc analysis and planning to continuously improve compensation programs and processes.
- Conduct job evaluations; analyzes job responsibilities, activities, duties, requirements and organizational structure and recommends internal job placement in the appropriate level, title and FLSA classification.
- Provide advice to departments on pay decisions, policy and guideline interpretation, and job evaluation, including the design of creative solutions to specific compensation-related programs.
- Conducts compensation analysis for all lines of business.
- Maintain career ladders for all job families.
- Support design, development, implementation and administration of Bonus Incentive programs (including sales bonuses, contact center, operations, and corporate bonus plans)
- Supervises the participation in, conducts and/or purchases exempt and nonexempt salary surveys to ensure corporate compensation objectives are achieved.
- Keeps apprised of federal, state and local compensation laws and regulations to ensure company compliance and recommend changes as appropriate.
- Support, advise and analyze the company regarding various compensation laws and trends in the cities we do business including FLSA and minimum wage programs.
- May provide compensation-related training.
- Special projects as assigned.