Are you looking for an opportunity to utilize your compensation experience to take the next step in your career? Do you thrive in a fast-paced, performance-driven environment? Do you want to work with creative, driven, and entrepreneurial leaders whose mission is to shape the future of health care by turning innovative ideas into growing, thriving businesses. Do you want to work at UPMC Enterprises? We are hiring a full-time Senior Compensation Analyst to partner with UPMC Enterprises, the innovation and commercialization arm of UPMC.
The Senior Compensation Analyst provides independent consultative analysis to UPMC Enterprises and UPMC Portfolio Companies on the administration of compensation and reward practices and procedures. The Senior Compensation Analyst requires proven ability to develop, propose, and present major total compensation recommendations to senior level management, including those related to incentive and stock-based compensation.
- Complete evaluation of new and existing jobs and recommends pay grades and FLSA status evaluations.
- Develop and update standardized job descriptions for benchmark jobs within the System.
- Maintain standardized job descriptions and job data in PeopleSoft.
- Complete special projects, such as new business unit integrations, as assigned.
- Conduct and participate in compensation surveys.
- Analyze survey data to identify market trends and assure compensation programs are market competitive.
- Develop, implement, and evaluate direct and indirect reward and pay strategies.
- Develop, modify, and run queries and reports to generate data used for compensation planning and audits using People Soft, Excel, and Access.
- Publish monthly reports designed to analyze, trend and implement solutions to add value to the organization.
- Develop, propose, and present major compensation recommendations to business unit human resources and departmental senior management.
- Collect and evaluate compensation data to assist management and/or business unit human resources in making pay decisions and designing pay programs.
- Perform related cost projections. Identify trends and issues proactively and develops plans of action to resolve.
- Project leader for major compensation initiatives (i.e. budget process, merit pay administration, job standardization, e-performance, training & education initiatives).
- Meet project deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Provide direction and leadership to other members of the compensation team.
- Research and act as subject expert regarding laws and compensation trends.
- Serve as a resource for the interpretation of federal and state laws related to pay programs to ensure compliance.
- Review and evaluate proposed or new legislation and recommends appropriate solutions for compliance.
- Serve as a consultant to business unit human resources on compensation-related issues.
- Communicate to assigned business units in a concise, customer-focused format.
- Ensure business unit human resources have current and accurate compensation information and related policies/procedures. Design and conduct specialized training as appropriate.
- Conduct FLSA training sessions for Human Resources and Department Managers.
- Write system-wide compensation policies for the UPMC Policy and Procedure Manual and assist with reviewing and updating the Compensation Manual.