Role: Sales Incentive Compensation Consultant
Location: Louisville, KY
Humana is seeking an experienced Sales Incentive Compensation Consultant to join our team. This role is a key partner for our lines of business in developing dynamic plan designs that align to Humana’s business strategies. In this role, you will guide the sales incentive compensation, and rewards plan design, implementation and assessment process as part of the HR Compensation Incentive team. The successful candidate will utilize best practices in design to create and implement sales plans that drive results and help Humana attract and retain key sales talent in a number of diverse sales and sales leadership roles. This role will have responsibility to support plan governance by developing quarterly analytics and reports for business leaders and the Sales Governance Committee.
- Lead the design of sales incentive plans to ensure competitiveness, equity and alignment with the company's business objectives and talent strategy. Translate strategic objectives into market competitive programs to optimize business results while attracting, retaining and motivating top sales talent.
- Develop strong relationships with the senior leadership of the sales organization to understand their business needs and translate them into sales compensation deliverables
- Provide consultation on sales compensation to the business including the alignment of plans with business strategy and organizational goals.
- Working with internal compensation partners, evaluate and monitor pay positioning and target total cash levels through external benchmarking and internal talent strategy.
- Provide guidance to sales leadership on plan design including pay mix, metrics, weights, and plan mechanics.
- Partner with Finance and business leaders to ensure sales plans include line-of-sight business metrics and drive intended focus and behaviors to achieve financial objectives.
- Work collaboratively with finance and sales operations teams for the creation of cost of sales models to evaluate plan scenarios
- Monitor sales compensation programs outcomes, ensuring adherence of participants and the effectiveness of plans.
- Implement compensation plan documents and sales incentive training programs for plan participants.
- Ensure plan documents, business rules and other documentation are updated with latest compensation rules and guidelines.
- Establishes processes that guarantee and/or strengthen compliance with legal requirements as well as mitigate risks.
- Manage communication strategy and execution to ensure plans and programs are well understood by the field organization to increase motivation and
- Identify opportunities to simplify and standardize programs and processes
- Interpersonal Effectiveness: Understands oneself, effectively manages emotions, listens and communicates with respect, and builds trusting relationships.
- Builds Trust: Consistently models and inspires high levels of integrity, lives up to commitments, and takes responsibility for the impact of one's actions.
- Collaborates: Engages others by gathering multiple views and being open to diverse perspectives, focusing on a shared purpose that puts Humana's overall success first.
- Execute for Results: Effectively leverages resources to create exceptional outcomes, embraces change, and constructively resolves barriers and constraints.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent in finance, economics, business, or another related field
- 3-5 years of solid sales compensation / finance experience
- Must have advanced experience using Microsoft Office Suite, specifically MS Excel and MS Access and proven experience in creating complex models
- Knowledge of comp plan principles and best practices (quotas, accelerators, pay mix, and on-target earnings
- Technical understanding of sales compensation plan mechanics and analysis
- Highly developed analytical skills. Ability to define and measure plan performance metrics to identify opportunities for improvements and savings
- Using excellent analytical skills, business and financial acumen, be capable of effective and efficient use of quantitative and qualitative data; and have the demonstrable ability to use such data to shape, form and influence best practices in compensation plan design
- Strong attention to detail, organized and thorough with a desire for continuous process improvements
- Strong communication, negotiation and listening skills to best ascertain needs and partner to build solutions to address them, while adhering to enterprise strategy and compliance requirement
- Presentation skills and the ability to convey complex concepts, influencing skills, including the ability to influence senior sales leaders
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously while adhering to strict deadlines
- Self-motivated with the ability to multi-task and work in a dynamic fast-paced environment