Position Summary: The Executive Compensation Consultant will assist with the design, implementation, and communication of compensation and executive compensation programs.
1. Assist with the design and management of executive compensation and incentive programs (base salary, annual incentive compensation and long-term incentive compensation).
2. Assist in the development of plans, analysis and presentation materials for the HR Committee of the Board of Directors, which serves as AEP’s Compensation Committee.
3. Responsible for Stock plan management and execution.
4. Assist with the drafting of regulatory testimony and responding to data requests with respect to the Company’s compensation programs.
5. Analyze design alternatives and recommending programs that support the Company’s executive compensation philosophy.
6. Draft and collaborate in the development of the compensation items in the proxy statement.
7. Develop and present recommendations to senior leadership on programs that have a direct impact on the attraction and retention of key talent across the organization.
8. Lead market analysis to regularly benchmark executive compensation.
9. Provide technical guidance on executive and stock compensation issues to business unit leaders and HR staff.
10. Evaluate any new or revised executive jobs and determine appropriate job grades and salary ranges.
11. Monitor legal and regulatory environment impacting executive and stock compensation and make recommendations to comply with changing landscape.
To be considered for this role you must apply at aep.com/careers using the URL provided in this posting.
Minimum of 5 years to qualify for the Consultant level, or 7 years for the Senior Consultant, of progressive experience with a background in executive compensation, equity awards, incentive plan design and/or finance. Certified Compensation and/or Benefits designation preferred.
1. Strong communication skills, both verbal and written with all levels of management;
Ability to apply analytical, problem solving and influencing skills, while developing a deep technical expertise in executive and stock compensation;
Strong business & financial acumen, exhibiting an ability to understand business needs and talent implications of compensation;
Ability to identify and analyze issues, develop solutions, and make sound dependable decisions;
Ability to work and manage multiple tasks and adjust priorities quickly;
Ability to maintain effective relationships with vendors such as salary survey providers, compensation consultants, and stock plan administrators;
Strong sense of urgency and attention to detail;
High discretion with confidential information;
Experience building strong & effective cross cultural & cross functional relationships.