Administrative, Benefits, Communications, Compensation, HR Generalist, Payroll, Total Rewards
4 Year Degree
Since 1878, Western University has been committed to serving our communities through the pursuit of academic excellence and by providing students, faculty, and community members with life-long opportunities for intellectual, social, and cultural growth. We seek excellent students, faculty, and staff to join us in what has become known as the "Western Experience" - an opportunity to contribute to a better world through the development of new knowledge, new abilities, new connections, and new ways to make a difference.
Human Resources adds value by developing proactive human resource strategies and delivering exemplary employment related services. As a team of innovative professionals we encourage a productive and respectful work and learning environment through collaboration, partnership and technology.
The Manager, Employee Services develops, plans, implements and monitors a variety of employee services and benefit programs, which may include insured benefits, flexible credits, employee wellness, assistance plans, training programs, recognition programs and leave programs. The Manager works with the total compensation and client services teams with a goal of ensuring smooth and efficient administration of daily operations. The Manager monitors administrative processes to identify opportunities for improvement and to ensure adherence with University policies and procedures and relevant legislation. The incumbent will develop communication strategies and implement tactics (website tools, booklets, forms, educational programs) to ensure Western employees can fully appreciate the benefits and supports available to them. The Manager will ensure continuity of administrative operations, coach and train staff, and provide comprehensive consultation on a variety of human resources and administrative processes to ensure the University community is served effectively.
- Undergraduate Degree in Business Management/Administration
- Completion or working towards Certified in Management (CIM) is preferred
- 7 years administrative, human resources, and financial experience in a complex office environment
- Experience managing staff and projects
- Experience in strategic planning, implementation and operationalization
- Experience in a unionized or public sector environment is preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- In-depth knowledge of best practices for assessing, developing and implementing new business processes and procedures
- Knowledge of best practices in records management and handling sensitive and confidential information
- Knowledge of conflict resolution approaches and approaches to working with diverse groups
- Familiarity with Human Resources principles and practices
- Knowledge of the Employment Standards Act, and other relevant legislation
- In-depth knowledge of best practices in building a strong collaborative team and leading people
- Ability to provide strategic analysis and recommendations for designing and implementing new and changing human resources and administrative processes
- Ability to resolve complex issues and apply collective agreements in a complex, multi-union environment
- Results-oriented with the ability to motivate and coach employees to meet high performance standards, while working effectively as a member of the leadership team
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to develop a shared vision to lead and coach employees to excellence
- Client service skills with an ability to apply tact and diplomacy when dealing with sensitive issues and a range of personalities, motives and interests
- Advanced planning and organizational skills with a proven ability to build and manage a business plan
- Ability to search within and outside the formal boundaries of the organization for innovative ways to improve work
- Project management skills to champion a project from conception to completion, and to ensure that team roles are clear, milestones are communicated and deadlines are met
- Ability to develop strategies that are in line with the University's mission and which balance competing priorities
- Ability to effectively drive and manage change initiatives that align with organizational strategies and/or provide opportunities to increase efficiency
- Ability to establish effective routines for excellent communication with all members of the team to maximize productivity
- Communication skills with the ability to converse with, write reports for, and deliver presentations to all levels of the organization
- A well-defined sense of diplomacy including solid negotiation, facilitation, and conflict
- Ability to quickly re-allocate resources and adjust priorities in response to unexpected events or changing circumstances
- Computer skills with the ability to train others in system usage
- Advanced computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite, PeopleSoft HR information and systems
- Familiarity with University policies and procedures preferred
Interested applicants are asked to visit: www.workingatwestern.uwo.ca to apply online to job reference 10449, by midnight on July 2nd, 2017.
The University invites applications from all qualified individuals. Western is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from women, members of racialized groups/visible minorities, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, and persons of any gender identity or gender expression.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations for interviews or other meetings, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com or phone 519-661-2194.