The Senior Compensation Analyst will play a key role in supporting the Corporate Compensation department and the Human Resource team by implementing and improving compensation-related processes, programs and projects.
The incumbent will support the communication, design, implementation, and administration of Stanley, Black and Decker's compensation processes, including merit planning, market pricing, salary surveys, reporting and compliance. In addition, the incumbent will manage the company's domestic relocation program and will have exposure to other HR areas such as HRIS and benefits.
This position reports to the Manager, Corporate Compensation
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
· Lead the administration of our web-based market pricing tool and assist with implementation, training and communication to HRIS/Compensation teams
· Coordinate the global compensation survey process, manage participation in US compensation surveys, and maintain the relationships with survey vendors
· Facilitate the administration of the annual merit planning and administration process and ensure accurate payroll process for US based employees
· Lead the administration of the company's domestic relocation policy and coordinate with vendor, payroll, benefits administration and the employee to ensure smooth transition
· Provide analytical compensation support and market pricing analysis as needed
· Support the compensation team in major company initiatives such as job code architecture and job description management projects
· Other projects and duties as required, including support for benefits analytics etc. as may arise
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Knowledge of compensation planning and market pricing tools, ADP or other payroll processing system, PeopleSoft, HCM systems,
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Exceptional quantitative, analytical and problem-solving skills
· Advanced level Excel skills
Relevant Work Experience
· Managing a survey data collection and submission processes
· Assessing market data and providing recommendations on pay decisions to management and HR team
· Utilizing a web-based survey analytic tools such as PayFactors
· Managing compensation planning tools and /or other web-based tools
· Analyzing and making recommendations using large sets of data from an HCM system and/or other sources
· Working with job evaluation methodologies and making recommendations on appropriate evaluations
· Leading small projects and supporting large scale projects
· Experience with payroll processing systems
· PeopleSoft and Workday experience a plus
Minimum Years of Experience
3 - 5 years
4 Year / Bachelor’s Degree
Degree in business, human resources, or related discipline is preferred.
· Data & Analytics - strong analytical skills, mathematical skills and financial acumen with the ability to successfully perform independent in-depth research and analysis and interpret data. Advanced excel skills required.
· Interpersonal - excellent verbal and written communication skills along with the ability to communicate and collaborate effectively at various levels
• Personal - Results-oriented with appropriate attention to accuracy, very highly organized with the ability to multi-task and work effectively in dynamic environment and to identify and drive process efficiency opportunities
Stanley Black and Decker employees are given the opportunity to:
Work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent - SBD is committed to hiring and developing great people who have a passion for excellence and a commitment to continuous improvement.
Utilize cutting-edge technology and processes- creating the next generation of products and services that will impact the world for generations to come
At Stanley Black and Decker, we welcome talented and competitive people, and reward them with outstanding career development, personal growth and leadership opportunities. Join the winning team at a company whose reputation speaks for itself.
Stanley Black & Decker provides their employees with a great work environment, a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits plan that includes medical, dental, life, disability, 401k, vacation, paid holidays, and more! Only those candidates who are currently eligible to work in the US will be considered for the opportunity.
Stanley Black & Decker is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer supporting diversity in the workplace